The Canadian Safe School Network (CSSN) is seeking a vibrant, outgoing and creative individual to join our team in the role of Summer Intern – Special Events & Admin. Assistant. The successful candidate will join a small team of committed and energetic individuals who work diligently to create safe, inclusive school & community environments across Canada.
CSSN has just moved to Vancouver! We’re looking for a fresh face to help us kick start new initiatives and events across BC! Plus, help us support our on-going events across the country!
This position is part time and flexible. You will be working directly with the Communications Coordinator. You will be required to work in office 1-2 days a week, (hours flexible) and to work from home an additional 1-2 days a week. This position is ideal for a current (or recent) undergrad or graduate student, who is passionate about non-profit work, youth and children, communications and marketing, and who is great at getting things done with little supervision. This is a paid position starting late June until the first week of September. There is a possibility of continuing the position into the school year.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Assist in coordination of special events, conferences and fund-raisers including two Annual Golf Classic tournaments, Safe Schools Story Contests, Annual Hockey Pool and regional, provincial & national “Safe School Conferences”.
- Seek opportunities to develop community/corporate support through identification of opportunities to acquire in-kind donations.
- Responsible for assisting in writing/editing a variety of communication pieces including media releases, newsletters, brochures, reports, grant applications and proposals.
- Assist with maintaining a database for the organization, including data input and organization
- Assist with general office administration including basic bookkeeping, reception, word- processing.
We’re looking for you:
- You are creative and take initiative in everything you do. You are full of great ideas and know when and how to share them. (The kind of person who plans group trips for your friends)
- You are exceptionally organized. You have highlighters in many colours.
- You are self-directed and can get things done! Generally you’re hard working, and your assignments are done days before they’re due.
- You get excited about the projects you work on.
- You are social media savvy. You can tweet, post, and blog. You’re also familiar with Word, Powerpoint and Excel. (Ability to use creative software would be an asset)
- You have strong written and oral communication skills
- You have experience with special event planning (and/or organizing team sports, group trips, garage sales)
- You have strong people and problem solving skills
- Strong volunteer experience considered an asset
The Canadian Safe School Network is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from diverse communities.
Deadline to apply: Monday, June 22nd
Resumes & Cover Letters can be sent to Renee Goncalves, Communications and Events Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.