Through the generous support of TD Bank, CSSN is excited to announce The 2014 Canadian Safe School Network/TD Award For Excellence Against LGBTQ Youth Bullying.
This award will be presented to a publicly-funded school, elementary or secondary, that has demonstrated excellence in the development, creation or promotion of an in-school initiative to counter LGBTQ bullying. The successful recipient school will be awarded a financial prize of $2500.00 CDN.
Examples of potential applicable initiatives could include, but not be limited to:
– Exceptional work by a school-based GSA or organization in the promotion of inclusion and safety for LGBTQ students
– Creating a play, presentation, artwork, or video promoting anti-LGBTQ bullying
- Any publicly funded school, elementary or secondary, in Canada (not including Quebec) is eligible to submit an application *
- Initiative or extraordinary achievement must have taken place during the 2013/2014 academic year.
- Initiative must have direct correlation to LGBTQ bullying or LGBTQ inclusion/school safety issues
- A representative of the recipient school should ideally be available to attend a CSSN or partner event in Toronto in conjunction with the International Day Against Homophobia & Transphobia on or around May 17th, 2014.
Applicants must include the following with their application:
- Nomination Form, completed in its entirety
- Nominator’s written description of the nominee’s contribution to safe schools, focused on anti-LGBTQ bullying (no more than 250 words)
- Nominee’s qualifying essay of up to 500 words in length, describing his/her contribution to the reduction of LGBTQ bullying. The essay should briefly outline the circumstances that motivated this initiative, what learning was derived from the experience and what was accomplished
- Any relevant supporting documentation, materials, web links, etc.
All completed applications must be received no later than April 18th, 2014.
The complete application package can be mailed to:
Director of Public Relations & Social Media
The Canadian Safe School Network
111 Peter St., Suite 116
Toronto, ON. M5V2H1
The completed application package can also be emailed to:
The full application documents can be downloaded HERE.
The award will be formally presented at a CSSN or partner event in Toronto in conjunction with the International Day Against Homophobia & Transphobia on or around May 17th, 2014.
* La Fondation Jasmin Roy will present a parallel award in the province of Quebec.